As an author you probably find yourself sitting a lot.
Here are some ideas to help you stay healthy:
- Take consistent breaks. Use the Pomodoro Technique and break your writing projects into timed segments that allow for consistent breaks. For example, get up every 25 minutes and exercise or move around for 5 minutes and every 2 hours for 25 minutes. An app might help to coordinate such a plan or use this free timer: https://tomato-timer.com
- Exercise. There are lots of free short exercise videos on YouTube: https://youtu.be/tP40RWwhoRw
- Invest in a healthy desk. Now you can write and exercise at the same time with FitDesk (v2 or 3): https://youtu.be/3Ud4Pw1xNIg I have had the FitDesk 2.0 since April 2016 and love it! I use it every day.
- Eat well. To set you on the right path, I recommend Dr. Fuhrman’s book End of Dieting. I also like these books: How Not To Die by Michael Greger MD, Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease by Caldwell B. Esselstyn, and Spark by John J. Ratey
- Get plenty of sleep.
- Investigate Health Tools.